Saturday, January 24, 2015

Exploring Thingiverse

             For many people that are interested in 3-D printing, there is a website made to exchange printable ideas along with the details on how to print them. That website is called "Thingiverse.com" and is worth checking out even if you do not have a 3-D printer to actually use to print the ideas. I have recently visited this website and found several items to fill 5 categories I was given.
         


                       Category #1: Something Creative/Beautiful
 Something creative that I found was a Bonzai Tree Planter that was formed as a bonzai tree itself.
thing:430957 






Category #2: Something Useful
Something useful that I found was a holder for my headphones. As simple of a task that it could be to make a headphone holder, this one is a solution to hold your headphones while making it look nicer
thing:291465



Category #3: Something Useless
The useless item that I found is literally called "Useless Machine." It is a box that when you flip a switch that is located on the top, a latch lifts up and a little trigger or hand comes out of the box an switches the switch back
thing:605822



Category #4: Something Weird/Unusual
While searching through Thingiverse, I came across an item that seems to be a printed skull of a Saber-Toothed Tiger. I am not sure what somebody would want this for other than to have a weird sculpture on there desk.
thing:472463



Category #5: Something that I would want
I also found an idea for a mini crossbow that shoots q-tips. I am not sure what I would actually need it for but I still have an un-explainable want for it, whether it is just to play around with it or just say that I have one.
thing:509659






No comments:

Post a Comment